Safety at the Heart of Our Business
Our approach to safety is driven by the simple premise that safety transcends all commercial concerns. Wherever we operate in the world, we are committed to the safety of our people, partners and the local communities where we work.
We recognise that robust safety is about combining sound plant and equipment with conscientious and proficient people. This is why we work hard to foster a positive safety culture at Doosan Babcock, driven by strong communication, mutual trust, teamwork and shared values.
This culture extends to every project, where safety in design, construction and commissioning is systematically planned and implemented.
A World-Class Safety Programme
Our 'Focus to Zero' safety programme puts human performance, standards and expectations in the spotlight to help us achieve safety excellence across every facet of our business. It is driven by five simple but powerful principles:
- Zero harm to people
- Zero product failures
- Zero harm to the environment
- Zero regulatory breaches
- Zero reputational damage to our clients and our company
Leaders in Safety Awards and Certification
Our global health and safety processes are certified to ISO 45001 and ISO14001:2015.
Our outstanding safety performance has also been recognised by numerous external organisations, with accolades including:
- A 5-star award from the British Safety Council
- The British Safety Council Sword of Honour 2013 for outstanding health and safety performance
- The Sir George Earle Trophy awarded by the UK's Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
- The inaugural EXXONMobil Fawley Site Contractor Safety Award 2013
Safety Achievements by Our People
Over the last decade we have maintained a first quartile safety performance across 150 million man hours of human endeavour.
We are proud of the numerous safety milestones that our people have achieved across our business, such as:
- Our team at the Sellafield nuclear facility accumulating more than 2.1 million man hours without a lost time incident (LTI). The team working on the Sellafield Separation Area Ventilation (SAV) project has also delivered more than 1.5 million hours — equivalent to over five years — without a single LTA.
- Our people at a major Scottish refinery completing 8 million man hours without a single lost time incident (LTI)
- Achieving 10 million man hours without an LTI during an emissions reduction project at a power station in Hong Kong
- Completing more than 36,000 field welds with a 99.88% success rate and no LTIs in 2012.
Delivering on Our Environmental Goals
Our environmental responsibilities begin with a commitment to minimise any impact on the environment from our work.
We look beyond this to build long-term legacies for a sustainable future, supported by the training and development of our people and a systematic approach to environmental management.
Rigorous Environmental Systems
Our Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) Policy Statement embodies a commitment to protecting and improving the environment.
We adopt a systematic approach to safeguarding the environment through the use of the Doosan Babcock Environmental Management System (EMS). This is certified to ISO14001:2015 by the Lloyd’s Register of Quality Assurance (LRQA).
Our greenhouse gas reporting is verified to ISO 14064, which ensures the credibility, consistency and transparency of our environmental reporting.
Our rigorous, systematic approach helps to ensure full compliance with all environmental and legal requirements. It also enables us to demonstrate our positive environmental performance to customers and the wider world, and provides us with sound knowledge and insight to improve our environmental performance still further.
Delivering on Sustainability
We work hard to drive down the environmental impact of our operations through the responsible use of natural resources and the reduction of waste and emissions.
We are steadfast in the pursuit of our sustainability goals. We are guided by the belief that it is not only the right thing to do, but that it also supports our long term growth, along with that of our partners, customers and people.
Harnessing a Global Vision and Values
Our environmental vision is based on by four key objectives:
- To protect and enhance our customer's reputation
- To employ best environmental practice across all our operations
- To meet all legal responsibilities
- To act as a responsible corporate citizen in the communities where we operate
This is supported by our company-wide values, where we strive to:
- Promote and protect our reputation as a respected company
- Ensure we are a good neighbour to our people, partners, local communities, regulators and all stakeholders in the wider environment.
The Gold Standard in Quality
Our company-wide quality management systems are fully certified to ISO 9001: 2008 by the Lloyd’s Register of Quality Assurance (LRQA).
Every facet of our business — from design, manufacture, construction and decommissioning to individual activities such as specialist welding, rig testing and bolt torquing — meets these world-class quality management system standards.