Our evolving technologies are generating ever cleaner, greener energy. We proactively research and develop best-practice tools and techniques that make it easier to assess the safety and condition of your assets, cutting down on lost time incidents and saving you money.
We aspire to be a leading innovator of products and services that improve the quality of life for people and communities around the world.
A Long-term Focus on Boiler and Emissions Technology
Our century-long focus on R&D in the thermal energy sector has resulted in a suite of highly efficient boiler and emissions-reduction technologies:
- Our subcritical and supercritical pulverised coal boilers are the gold standard for efficient energy production.
- We're responsible for the POSIFLOWTM system, which significantly reduces pressure loss in once-through generators.
- Our downshot steam generators make the most of low-volatile anthracite fuels by integrating the furnace into the combustion process.
- Our world-class emissions-reduction technology includes Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) reduction combustion systems and both selective catalytic reduction and selective non-catalytic reduction secondary NOx reduction systems.
- A boiler R&D facility, located at Renfrew in Scotland, ensures Doosan Babcock and the wider Doosan Group continue to lead in boiler innovation.
Proprietary Asset Management Technology
We've developed a range of tools for the oil, gas and petrochemical sector, enabling assessment of the safety and condition of assets in even the most challenging conditions:
- Our pipe vibration meter enables platform managers to measure vibrations and carry out fatigue screening on pipework systems on off-shore platforms so pipework can be repaired before expensive platform shutdowns occur.
- The hazardous area logger helps customers to accurately diagnose and address issues that cause excess vibration.
- Our unique pipe-reeling test rig ensures subsea pipelines can safely withstand harsh conditions during installation.
Innovation in Nuclear Decommissioning
We've spent over half a century developing innovative techniques and processes on behalf of the nuclear power industry. In particular, the expertise we've developed in the removal of radioactive waste and the remediation of nuclear facilities means we now play a key role in the nuclear decommissioning programme in the UK.
A Never-ending Commitment to R&D
In addition to our investment in new technologies, we believe investment in our industry is critical to a sustainable future for all. That's why we take a leading role in numerous industry associations across the oil, gas, petrochemical and thermal and nuclear power sectors. Our activities cover everything from lobbying for investment in training, to providing technical expertise on committees.
In 2013, we invested a further £20 million in our state of the art R&D facilities in Renfrew, Scotland, ensuring our commitment to the latest advances in power generation technology will continue for many years to come.
Global R&D Excellence
Our research and development activities is part of Doosan’s global R&D commitment across a range of technologies. For more information please visit Doosan Research & Development.