The activities formed part of the Doosan Day of Community Service, a new initiative from the global Doosan Group designed to raise awareness of corporate social responsibility among its 43,000 employees worldwide. Today, 24 October, it is anticipated that approximately 10,000 Doosan colleagues across 130 sites in 13 countries will unite in donating their time to support local community projects.
Across the UK, organisations to benefit from Doosan Babcock’s work included:
• The Accord Hospice, Paisley, East Renfrewshire
• Lapwing Lodge Outdoor Centre, Paisley, East Renfrewshire
• Murray Hall Trust Bridge, Tividale, West Midlands
• Lodge Primary School, Tipton, West Midlands
• Kelli Smith Appeal, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
• Rockinghorse Children’s Charity, Brighton, East Sussex
• Age UK Gateshead, Tyne and Wear.
• The Whitehaven, Egremont & District Credit Union
• Children’s Hospice South West, Bristol, Somerset
• Mission Trinity, Goole, East Yorkshire
• Selby Foodbank, North Yorkshire
• Yorkshire Air Ambulance
• Barlby High School, North Yorkshire
• Breast Cancer Campaign
Simon Hopkins, Director, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) for Doosan Babcock, said: “It has been a great experience to be involved in today’s activities and I am so proud of how my colleagues across the business have embraced this opportunity.
“What’s been really special for me is the way people have pulled together across the business, from the CEO down. It really has been a fantastic team effort.
“The Doosan Day of Community Service will take place twice a year from 2015, allowing us to continue to make a meaningful contribution to those communities in which we operate.”