Retrofitting for the Future
With our integrated Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services, the future of your power production facility is in safe hands. We retrofit and upgrade entire systems with complete boiler solutions that maximize the most readily-available fuels, lower costs and decrease emissions.
Retrofit services include:
- Boiler upgrades for efficiency and operational improvements
- Biomass co-firing and conversion
- Combustion systems for primary Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) control or change of fuel
- Secondary NOX control
- Major integrated projects including Carbon Capture & Storage (CCS)
Best-in-class New Boiler Technology
Our latest subcritical and supercritical boiler systems drive cleaner, more-efficient power generation in a range of comprehensive unit sizes to fit your needs. They operate on the entire spectrum of fuels, from hard coal to lignite and biomass.
We develop and manufacture the latest two-pass, tower and supercritical steam generation solutions. Our advanced two-pass platen design is optimised for lower emissions and reduced running costs, and is available as both subcritical and supercritical steam generation units.
Designed to work at supercritical pressures, our once-through supercritical steam generator tower systems deliver cleaner, more efficient power across all coal types, including wet and dry lignite, setting the standard in advanced, supercritical steam generation. We also offer the POSIFLOWTM system, which significantly reduces pressure loss in once-through supercritical steam generators.
To date we've delivered boiler projects totalling 170GW across the world, in unit sizes up to 1000 MWe.
Efficient Boiler Upgrades and Refits
We upgrade and refit boilers to extend their lifetime and improve efficiency. Services include:
- Pressure part modifications
- Fuel conversions
- Power uprates
- Heating surface slag prevention
- Turbine cylinder upgrades and associated boiler modifications
- Improved flexibility and load change rates