|CDM Regulations, Principal Contractor and other experience within primary roles
Doosan Babcock Energy Limited has extensive experience in undertaking the role of principal contractor, contractor and designer in a wide range of engineering projects throughout the UK. These projects include engineering construction, retrofit, overhaul and maintenance within the power, nuclear, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, nuclear decommissioning and oil and gas business sectors.
A wealth of experience in delivering CDM Projects within or adjacent to ongoing operational plants has enabled Doosan Babcock to evolve CDM health and safety project management solutions for a variety of projects. These management solutions are directed at two primary objectives:
To achieve these objectives Doosan Babcock takes full cognisance of each client's unique needs on a project by project basis. Construction phase health and safety plans developed by Doosan Babcock detail the measures required to manage the primary objectives; these plans include the following fundamental elements:
- Expedient delivery of the project health and safety objectives.
- Efficient continuity of the CDM clients remaining production needs.
Doosan Babcock also has experience of developing and implementing a project specific permit to work system where the construction works are undertaken on brown field or green field locations.
- CDM project area demarcation and security
- Project induction training and competence matrix
- Project risk assessment and method statement requirements
- Contractor selection competence requirements
- Health and safety baseline standards
- Monitoring and auditing the project's health and safety performance
- Contractor interface management arrangements
- Project communication and consultation protocols
- Health and safety file arrangements
- Designers' interface arrangements