Doosan Babcock's trap management system will improve the overall efficiency, performance and availability of the system, and just as importantly, maintain this higher level of performance over the long term. We not only fix broken traps, we also eliminate design weaknesses and vulnerabilities so that the steam distribution system performance is improved over the long term. Our overall aim is to provide 'built in' improvement in safety, plant performance and energy efficiency.
Doosan Babcock's steam trap surveys are a highly cost effective way to save energy, minimise the cost of make up water and chemicals and maintain the safety and integrity of steam pipework and equipment. Using highly accurate non subjective measurement techniques, our team identifies faults and carries out repairs and upgrades where appropriate.
Our trap performance reports will highlight system design shortcomings such as lack of steam traps, incorrect sizing and inappropriate trap type. By measuring the performance of all of the traps, the reports will also identify the most reliable trap types on each installation. This results in fewer leaking traps, fewer blocked traps and a measurable improvement in performance and plant integrity.
Fewer Leaking Traps
Fewer Blocked Traps
- Less wasted steam
- Lower fuel costs and reduced CO2 emissions
- Lower rates of water make-up and associated pre-treatment costs
- Less damage to plant and equipment from water hammer
- Less corrosion
- Better quality steam at point of use
- Improved process control
- Analysis of trap failure rates by type, manufacturer and application
- Identifying appropriate trap types and manufacturers for each application
- Selections based on life time cost, not purchase price