Babcock Welding Products is an established manufacturer of Manual Metal Arc Welding Electrodes, producing consumables for both UK and overseas markets.
Our welding rods are used for applications ranging from structural steelwork to high integrity pressure parts. The electrodes are designed to deposit weld metal of optimum metallurgical and radiographic quality under conditions of high restraint and in all welding positions.
Continual assessment and feedback from other business units within Doosan Babcock ensures that the products remain at the leading edge of technology.
Current accreditations include BS EN ISO 9001, BS EN ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
The product range has developed in line with our parent company's business streams and includes products for welding:
- Carbon manganese steels
- Low alloy steels
- High alloy steels
- Creep resisting steels
- Stainless steels
- Hard facing and surfacing applications
- Cast irons
Product can be supplied in standard packets and / or vacuum packets and we also offer a re-branding service, where customers can specify their own packaging / labels / weights. Examples of products and recent developments include:
- Babcock R4-E6013 electrode with excellent running characteristics
- Babcock A2 - arguably the industry benchmark for an E7018 electrode
- Babcock B*, K*, L5, L9 and M-creep resisting electrodes for high temperature applications, including modified 9CrMo
*These products can also be offered with a Bruscato Factor of less than 15ppm
- Babcock low / high alloy offering a range from AWS E7018-G to E12018-G
- Babcock stainless steel offering a range of AWS E3XX (-15) and (-16)
Babcock hard-facing products with hardness levels between 350-1000VPN
Click to view Welding Consumables Catalogue