Our Materials Testing Laboratory is equipped to carry out a wide variety of material tests and certification activities, often on short timescales. Our UKAS accreditation covers a wide range of international standards.
Tests carried out at our facility include:
· Tensile testing up to 1200kN (-196°C to 800°C)
· Low range tensile tests on polymer material (up to 10kN)
· Compressive testing up to 1200kN ( up to 300°C)
· Charpy impact testing (-196°C to ambient)
· Hardness Testing: Brinell, Vickers & Rockwell.
· Weld procedure qualification testing
· Low Cycle Fatigue Tests
· Plane strain fracture toughness testing
· Crack Tip Opening Displacement (CTOD) Tests
· Creep Crack Growth Tests
· Stress Relaxation Tests
All test samples are machined in-house from the supplied material, and conform to the relevant British and ASTM Standards.
We can verify actual material properties against a supplied mill-certificate, while our Analytical Chemistry Laboratory staff work with us in providing chemical analysis and Positive Material Identification (PMI) where required.
We are also currently building a dedicated Fracture Toughness Laboratory to compliment our existing Materials Testing Laboratory. This new laboratory will be equipped with test machines ranging from 100kN to 800kN, all controlled by the very latest MTS hardware and software. This will be fully operational by July 2010.
Products & Services