In the defence sector, Doosan Babcock has developed highly advanced and automated non-destructive testing methods to ensure that critical components used in nuclear applications, for example propulsion units for the Royal Navy's submarine fleet, are free from defects that could threaten the integrity of the nuclear steam supply system.
Equally important are the specialised component testing methods we have developed to meet the rigorous requirements of the aerospace industry, for example our capability for multi-actuator servo controlled testing for aero engine structural and fatigue testing.
We have created innovative prototype and production proof tests for specialised civil engineering applications. One example of this type of project is that we can now confirm the ability of "lock up" devices to protect high speed rail link bridge structures during seismic events. We are also able to perform full scale component testing to assess the ability of a bridge structure to resist cyclic loading, and have developed a series of tests to allow validation of a post tensioning system for concrete structures to current European Type Approval Guidelines (ETAG).
Component Testing Sectors:
- Subsea Pipeline Integrity Testing: Bend Tests, Burst Tests Mechanical Tests
- Engineering Polymer Component Tests
- Pressure Vessel Proof Testing
- Pressure Vessel Component Creep Testing
- Structural Proof Tests
- Downhole Equipment Proof Tests
- Defence: RPV Specialised Inspection
- Defence: Ordnance Casing Pressure Tests
- Defence: Specialised Equipment Proof Tests
- Civil Engineering: Structural Tests
- Civil Engineering: Bridge Component Tests
- Civil Engineering: Post Tensioning System ETAG Tests
We are currently active in the aerospace, utilities, civil engineering, marine and defence markets.