At Doosan Babcock we understand the competitive pressures faced by plant owners and have developed a comprehensive range of upgrade and life extension products and services to optimise plant performance and deliver integrity assurance. Our unique capability is built around our strengths in engineering, design, project management, manufacturing and implementation alongside extensive operational experience. Our familiarity with the stringent legislation on environmental emissions is a significant factor of our success in this area.
Doosan Babcock's involvement in plant upgrade and life extension programmes covers many different types of project.
- A full Engineering Design and Procurement (EPC) service from designing modifications through to recommissioning and handover
- Niche specialist technical support services that include life prediction and performance benchmarking
- A phased approach where we perform condition assessments, due diligence, feasibility studies, plant testing and many other specialist desktop, laboratory or site services to ensure the final scope of the project is based on accurate information
- Plant reliability or life extension programmes that might include a design review, detailed inspection and risk of failure assessments
- Emissions reduction programmes involving site testing, computational modelling and performance predictions
On each project we endeavour to understand our customer's precise requirements before appointing a team of skilled technical specialists to work from initial concepts to workable engineered solutions. Key to our approach is the formation of long term strategic relationships with our customers. We are willing to explore the joint financing of upgrade projects, where we share the quantified benefits with the asset owner, and have completed numerous successful examples of this type of project.
Products & Services